Hi! It was still gross out yesterday, so we pretty much hung out around the house. I did get a good Revolt workout in followed by about 20 minutes on the treadmill. Our night was much more exciting though because Levi and I had a sushi date with my friend Lauren. And oh how I love the conversations we have (;
Fun fact: The place we ate at was the restaurant I was eating at when I went into labor! Memories.
I had the “Spicy Girl Roll” (Spicy tuna and cucumber topped with tempura snapper and avocado drizzled with eel sauce & spicy mayo) and a glass of Gnarly Head- Pinot Grigio, which is my favorite wine!
I am super excited to share with you today this soup recipe that my mom made last week. I have made homemade chicken and minestrone soup before, but have never made tomato. So I was really excited when my mom made this!
- 1 28.oz can whole peeled tomatoes
- 1/4 C. olive oil, divided
- 1 Tbs. fresh thyme leaves
- 1 Tbs. minced garlic
- 1 medium carrot, finely chopped
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- salt and pepper
- 4 C. vegetable stock
- 1/4 C. chopped parsley
- Heat oven to 375.
- Drain tomatoes (reserve liquid), halve them and put in roasting pan.
- Sprinkle with 2 Tbs. oil and the thyme. Roast, turning twice until lightly browned, about 30 minutes.
- Put remaining olive oil into a medium saucepan over medium/high heat.
- Add garlic and cook until brown. Add carrots, onion, salt and pepper. Cook for about 5 minutes.
- Stir in vegetable stock and juice that was drained from the tomatoes.
- Bring to a boil, then lower heat and let simmer. Cover and cook about 25 minutes.
- Garnish with parsley.
* At the end you can puree the soup to make it as smooth as you would like! *