Every Sunday I make some type of bar/cereal treat to put into Stu’s lunch for the week. This past Sunday I decided to stray from the usual Golden Grahams treats that I have been making lately. We had a box of Honey Bunches of Oats so I decided to incorporate that cereal into this weeks treat. These are similar to THIS recipe that I have made in the past, but with the addition of oats it ended up tasting much more like a granola bar. I also had been wanting to use the bag of caramel bits that I had and they ended up being the perfect accompaniment to these bars!
Caramel Marshmallow Granola Bars
- 3 Tbs. butter
- 1 bag marshmallows
- 1 box Honey Bunches of Oats cereal
- 1.5 C. oats
- 1 bag caramel bits
- Melt butter and marshmallows in a large pot until completely smooth.
- Stir in 1 C. caramel bits and stir until melted.
- Remove from heat and stir in cereal and oats.
- Spread onto a greased and foil-lined 13×9 baking dish.
- Melt remaining caramel bits in the microwave and drizzle over mixture.
- Let set in the fridge until cool. Remove and cut into bars!
*Also make sure you check out my ART page that has been updated (: